Moving Furniture/Will Cal king mattress fit?

Question
Hi Paul - not sure if you can help me but I'll give it a shot. I wanted to see if a California king size mattress will fit into the elevator of my apartment building and then through the front door of my apartment. The measurements of my front door are:

32 1/2" width (from inside door frame to inside door frame, left to right with door on) - or 34 1/2" with door taken off
88" high/tall (from inside door frame to inside door frame, top to bottom)
92" diagonal from inside door frame to inside door frame, with door on (so probably really around 89" as the door takes up almost 2 1/2")

And then the measurements of the elevator are:

41 1/2" wide (from inside door frame to inside door frame, left to right)
84" or 7 feet high (from inside door frame to inside door frame, top to bottom)
88" high when inside of elevator (with the ceiling still in)
116" high when inside of elevator (with ceiling taken out)
77" wide/width when inside of elevator (from side wall to side wall, left to right)
48" deep/depth when inside of elevator (from front to back)

I got some great help a few months ago from Harry Lipsky when I bought a new sofa/sectional but I was saddened to just find out that he passed away. He was so very helpful.

I would appreciate any help you could give me and/or point me in the right direction or to the right person.

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing back from you.

- M ()

Answer
Hi M
Thats terrible. I didn't know he passed. I looked at his facebook last night. They called him Happy Lipsky. He passed way to young. I was wondering why I was getting so many questions all of a sudden.
After looking up a CAL KING MATTRESS the measurements are 72 by 84 in terms of height your good to go. As for the width this also depends on the thickness of the mattress. It will be tight and the mattress will have to bend a little. As for standing up the mattress with the 84inches is up and down  116inches without the ceiling should work also the only problem I see with that is the mattress is 84inches long but from corner to opposite corner the measurements change between 9 and 20inches. I would ask the salesperson to measure that just to make sure. All in all the measurements look ok. Good Luck and enjoy the new mattress.
P.S. Are there no stairs to your floor? To many flights? Or is the ceiling to low? Always an option
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer