Moving Furniture/fitting sofa through doorway

Question
I want to buy a 6 year old Thomasville 'Benjamin'style leather sofa. It measures 92 inches wide, 38 inches high, and 39 inches deep. There is no give in the height. I don't know if the feet can come off. The doorway measures 30 X 79 inches. Thanks

Answer
Hi Joanne
Not wise to buy that sofa. Your saying that the back from floor to the end of the wood top is 38 inches. Even if the legs come off that wouldn't give enough. Are we sure the height is 38 just doesn't make sense cause the biggest a front door is without special ordering is 36inches. See if your front door comes off the hinges.
Ok so if the legs come off and the door can come off the hinges and the arm height is lower than 28inches you have a chance. Now this is just the door what about the passage way to the room your going . Any stairs? Any sharp turns? Be careful.Good Luck.
Joanne cause it is 6yrs old and your getting it for a good price be careful it can cost you more in the end.
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer