Moving Furniture/Will my new couch fit?

QUESTION: Just  bought a couch with the following dimensions:
81" w
37" d
36" h

Our front door is 35.5" wide and then it's a straight shot to our den which has an opening of 29"

Will our new couch fit?

ANSWER: Hi Amanda
I'm sorry with those measurements the sofa will not fit threw the second door. See if the door comes off the hinges and see if the legs come off the sofa. If the arms are also lower than the back. You can get at least 2inches from the door and you can get about 3 inches from the legs. If these things can't happen then I advise you to get your money back.
One other choice. They have disassembly services that take furniture apart. If you would like there number I will be happy to give it. Cost somewhere between 200-375.
Or stick with any sofa that has a height no more than 28inches. Hope this helps Amanda
Peace Love and Happiness  

QUESTION: Thanks Paul! Yes- the legs come off and the arms are shorter than the back of the couch. We can also take the door off. Think it's doable?

Hey Amanda
Thats great good news but I still need the numbers. What is the width of jam to jam without door and how big were those legs that we can take off. If we come to an inch of the width and pro's are doing the delivery we're good to go. Just would feel better with the numbers Amanda.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few