Moving Furniture/sofa through a 29" doorway.

Hi Paul,

I am trying to determine if I can fit a couch with the following dimensions through a 29" doorway:  40 inches high x 95 inches wide x 36 inches deep.  The link to the exact couch set is here:  I am not sure if the dimensions for the height include the "puffy" cushion or the actual rigid back of the sofa.

The doorway is to get down to the basement with steps immediately past the threshold of the doorway.  I think I can remove the feet of the couch and get the arm through the doorway by angling the couch horizontally and walking down the steps with the couch angled, but I am not sure if I will be able to get the other arm through the door.  The stairwell is wider than the door, but only by about 6" or so.

Is there any chance I can get this sofa through the doorway and down the steps?

Hey Paul
Normally when a store gives you dimensions there giving you the full dimensions. That means there including the height of the cushions on the back. Now with the legs off and all the cushions off you still might be looking at a 30inch height.Can the door come off the hinges?
For you to do any maneuvering after the entry the stairwell needs to be 50inches wide.
The other questions you need to think of are there any turns once down the stairs or any turns to the entry to the basement. This one is a tough call if you can take the legs off, find out how high the back is  without the cushions or legs and see if the door can be taken off the hinges and if its going straight down to the basement no turns. Yeah I think you'll have it. Other than that DON"T take the chance. It will get all damaged from you pushin and pullin.
Here is a number to someone who does the same thing I do. If you really want the sofa. We disassemble and reassemble furniture not Ikea. The stuff that people say don't come apart we make them come apart. ALL FURNITURE SERVICES 718-268-2727 I'm pretty sure they have someone in your area.
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few