Moving Furniture/Will sofa fit through 35

QUESTION: We are looking at a sofa that's 97x41x40.  Our door entry way I think is 33" with the door on it's hinges and 35.5" or so with the door off the hinges.  I'm not sure if the feet will unscrew yet, so i'm wondering if an overall height of 41" and depth of 40" will fit in at an angle?

ANSWER: Hi Jason
With those numbers I have to say no it will not fit. But these are the questions that really need to be answered. Normally when a store gives you a measurement there giving you the height from floor to the end of the pillows. You need to find out if the legs come off and how high it would be with the cushions off. The last question is how high are the arms to the bottom of the sofa. Is this going straight in to the livingroom or are there any sharp turns. Are you going up or down any stairs? Jason just make sure of your measurements before ordering. Companies love to charge for double delivery.
Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: The sofa will have a straight shot to where it needs to go.  The back height appears to be the same height as the cushions.  I saw there was another thread on this site where a person had a similar size sofa of 42x40 and their opening was 36" and the reply was it should fit just fine, so i'm a bit confused.  I plan to try to do a cutout via cardboard to test, but worst case i also have the option of having them bring it around the back side and taking out the arcadia door if necessary.  The arm height is not very high at all.

This is the sofa here:

We just plan on adjusting the OH 3"

You go right ahead and make that cutout. With exactly the measurements you gave me and try to get that  through a 35 or so door way. If this is a custom made piece and the legs don't come off you will have a hard time. If they come off then the sofa can be stood up arms facing the entry , Bring lower arm in first while leaning the top arm back just a little then rotate the bottom arm in proceed to bring that up and repeat with the other arm. Make sure all cushions have been removed before entry. Makes it easier to maneuver.
I'm not sure what thread your talking about but if you've read any of mine you'll notice I wouldn't make an assumption like that without getting all the facts.Besides If you already had your answer then why ask me?  To me this is a large sofa going through a small doorway I'd be careful.  
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few