Moving Furniture/sofa through small door

I recently moved to an apartment and didn't even think about how small the door was.  I don't know how to get a sofa in here.  The door width is only barely 27" wide.  Height is normal I guess.  How can I get a sofa in here?  I've never seen a sofa that slim.  Would any pottery barn sofas fit in?  Thank you for your help.

Hi Laurie
Welcome to NY.If I were to guess you also live in a walk up and its on the 5th floor?
You have some choices, The first choice is ALL FURNITURE SERVICE. They disassemble and reassemble furniture to get in your home. This way no headaches pick what you want no matter how big or bulky it is.7182682727. Not sure of the charge (250-375)
The other choice is to look for any sofa that has a height no more than 30inches Length no more than 77inches and the arm height no more than 26inches. With these measurements you can maneuver the sofa in.
Third choice: Place called Jennifer convertibles . It specializes in sofa's and sofabeds. Not the greatest but they sell sofa's that actually come apart like Ikea. All you need to do is ask the salesperson to see the ready to assembly furniture.  
I hope this helps. If you check pottery barn make sure the height in the back is no more than 26inches. Be careful , in ny when these companies deliver merchandise and it doesn't fit they charge you for that delivery and they won't give you your money back. I just don't want you to waste your money. Delivery costs nowadays are very costly.
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few