Moving Furniture/Will any of these sofas fit?

Sofa 1
Sofa 1  
Sofa 2
Sofa 2  

I happened to stumble across (2) other sofas and was wondering if you think either will fit through my entrance way?  

The first sofa has dimensions of:  Height 34", Depth 30", Length 71", and Arm Height 34".

The second sofa has dimensions of:  Height 35", Depth 41", Length 75", and Arm height 26".

My entrance way measures at its widest ( due to weatherstripping) 30 3/8".  The height is 80" and the diagonal measurement is 85".  

I'm assuming that the first sofa may be able to be walked thru sideways...with minimal room to spare ( 3/8" )...would it be able to be brought in from a standing position if need be?  

I'm not certain about the second sofa...I'll follow your advice on both.  I will attach photos of the sofas.

I'm only able to upload (2) images at once, so I can supply a photo of my entrance way on the follow up response.  

As always, thank you for your help.

ANSWER: Hey Mike
Sofa #1 If your correct the depth is 30inches and the door at its smallest is 30 3/8. Put tape on the door jam so you don't damage the sofa. But make sure they just didn't give you the measurement of the arm length. From the picture the Front legs and front board look like they're further out. If so thats a good thing cause you can stand that sofa up and get those front legs in first and you got all the room you need.
Sofa # 2 because it is smaller than the door(as long as its lower than 78inches) and the back is higher than the arms this to would need to be stood up and rotated in. But again both items good to go. Sofa #1 is more like the shelter sofa's I was looking at. Hope this helps

I'm reading (2) different DEPTH measurements from (2) different sites in reference to sofa # 1.  One site lists 30" DEPTH, another lists the overall DEPTH as being 34".  I'll definitely contact the manufacturer in order to get the correct DEPTH measurement.  

If it is a 34" DEPTH...would there be an issue in getting it thru the entrance?  Am I correct in assuming that if indeed it has a 34" DEPTH, there could be problems getting it through the entrance standing it it could be similar to a 'shelter' sofa?  

Thanks and if indeed it is 34" in depth, I'll let you know.  

Hey Mike
Here's the thing about the first one. If the depth is 30 you'll be able to bring it in through the depth (Just like your sittin on it). Now if the depth is 34 that means the front legs comes out which means you can stand it up bring the front legs in and once there in you'll be working with a lower measurement. BUT, because the arms are the same height as the back those legs need to be 4inches long. If not sofa #1 will not fit.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few