Moving Furniture/Buchanan sofa-- will it fit through door?

Question
Hi Paul!

I really want to purchase this couch called the Buchanan from Pottery Barn. I live in NYC in a ground floor apt (straight shot to the front door) but the doorway to my place is only 29.5"w x 79"h. Will it fit?

Overall: 87" w x 38.5"d x 36.5" h
Seat: 71.5" w x 23"d x 21.5" h
Diagonal Depth: 33.5"
Arms: 8" w x 26" h
Legs (removable): 7" tapered sq., 3" h
Back height: 30.5"

Thanks so very much!

Gillian

Answer
Hi Gillian
So you live in NYC and your going to tell me you live on the first floor straight shot. Not many places in NY that are straight. NYC is filled with apt buildings with very narrow hallways and sharp turns.
But you say straight shot. Make sure you take all the cushions off before they deliver plus make sure the legs are off. After looking at the sofa you should not have a problem. The measurements they give you is from floor to top of cushion. The true measurement without legs and without the cushions should be somewhere in the 27 to 29. To feel confident I suggest you call or contact one of the agents and verify the true HEIGHT of the piece. Other than that your good to go. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer