Moving Furniture/Fitting a sofa through a 30"w door frame

Question
chesterfield sofa
chesterfield sofa  
Hi Paul,

I really want to purchase a Chesterfield Sofa that is 96"w x 42"d x 30.5"h.  The legs do not come off, unfortunately.  My home was built in 1951 and the door frame I need to fit it through is only 30"w x 80"h.  It's going down a case of stairs and once we get through the initial doorframe, the actually staircase hall is 36"w.  The store provides an in-home delivery service, so professional movers will be handling it.  Will they be able to make it work?

Answer
Hi Sarah
Because the the hallway after the door is only 36w it does not have enough room for maneuvering. Can the door be taken off the hinges? That's 2inches right there.
If that can't be done and you really want the sofa here are a couple of other idea's
Door Jam is just a piece of painted wood that's nailed in. Pry it off you have your half inch.
OR-- I'm not sure where you live but I can get you a disassembly service if you would like.
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer