Moving Furniture/Will this recliner fit through doorway?

1044 Sadler High Leg Recliner
Height 45", Width 36", Depth 39.5"
Inside: Width 21.75", Depth 20.5"
Seat Height 21.75", Arm Height 26.5"

The front door has an interior width of 36".  It is a straight shot without any twists or turns.  The legs and back cushions are not removable.  Will the chair fit through the doorway and how should it be done?

Hi Jay
Besides the door is there a narrow hallway its going through because if its just the doorway You'll have a couple of choices. The area before entry though needs to be wider. If its not wider it will be a little difficult. See if the door can come off the hinges.
The width of the chair is the exact width as the door if so 1/4 inch of that is padding. Either plastic or saran wrap with a little Vaseline (not on the sofa) but between the plastic and the door jam. Will be tight but if your right with the measurements then I should be right to. The other way would be make believe your relaxing all the way back in the recliner than turn it on its side than pick it up. With that angle and the Head part going in first will do the trick to.
Now if the area before entry is wide open all you will have to do is turn it on one arm pick it up and bring the head part in first then rotate. Hope this helps Jay
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few