Moving Furniture/Will my sofa fit through my hallway?

The new sofa I wish to purchase is

Height: 88 cm
Width: 140 cm
Depth: 85 cm

My hallway and door frames are 70 cm

The shop has said that the feet can be removed but that I need 74cm for it to fit. Is this correct?

Hi Susannah
Ok so your telling me that the hallway and the door are exactly the same measurements. There is no wider spot in the hallway. Are there any turns also? Is this going up any stairs? What would the height be without the legs. With the measurements you gave me because there is no room to maneuver in the hallway the only thing that would work would be any sofa under 70cm high. I don't think even at 74 it would work. Sorry.
Disassembly services in UK:
         US: All Furniture Services
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few