Moving Furniture/Table Top in Elevator

Question
QUESTION: Hi Paul, we are contemplating purchasing a rather large dinner table.  The dimensions of the table top is 110' x 48' (inches).  I would estimate the thickness of the table top to be about 2 to 3 inches.  The elevator in our condo is: 90(h) x 80 (l) x (60 (w).  Is it possible to fit the table top into the elevator?  Many thanks for your help.

ANSWER: Hi Wen
I would suggest using the stairs. Does this dinner table have 2 sides. Does it have a an extension to it. If so underneath is a tracking system which can be unscrewed and brought in as two pieces. If its just a long beautiful table I suggest the stairs. The numbers don't work. You would have to angle the table top in the elevator due to the door height being just 79 or so inches. Which makes that table almost 130inches. Think of a television from top to bottom one measurement but from point to point its more. Sorry.
Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Paul, thank you so much for your quick response.  Stairs don't work that well because we would have to go up 14 flights.  And unfortunately, it is one big tabletop (no extension pieces). They have different lengths for table tops.  If we got a table that is under 100 inches in length and 48 inches in width, would that work better for the elevator?  Many thanks again.  It's much appreciated.

Answer
Hi Wen
No freight elevator?
Where back to the television scenario. Since the table has to be angled to get into the elevator door it makes the height clearance higher. For the exact number you should call the salesperson and ask him to take a measurement from one corner to the the opposite corner. That's how high the elevator ceiling needs to be. Wen if its not you walking up the 14 flights a good tip and lunch would do the trick. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer