Moving Furniture/Will it fit?

We have just bought our first home and need to order a sofa ASAP. The issue is that when you open the front door, the stairs are immediately in front of you and it is an immediate right angle to get into the living room. I'm concerned that no sofa will fit unless we order a modular corner sofa (which we can't really afford and which won't look right in our room.

The sofa is:
92cm (H)
203cm (W)

The front door is:
75cm (w)
193cm (h)

The door for the living room (immediately to the right when inside the front door) is:
75cm (w)
197cm (h)

Will this work? The alternative is to come in the bag via the back door. This leads in a straight line through the kitchen into the living room (door about same measurements as the front door) however there is a tiny narrow passageway to get to the garden which is too narrow. Apparently this is where the previous owners got their arm chair in but the delivery drivers had to lift it above the line of the fences either side to get it though and I'm not sure if two people could manage such a large sofa in order to do this. (The fence is probably about 6 ft at its highest.

We also have the option for removable arms to be put on the sofa but would like to avoid this cost if possible, and to be honest I'm still concerned that it would not fit.

The seller has told me that the height we need to worry about is 67.5cm which will obviously fit through the door but in that case,can we get away with not having removable arms??

Sorry - lots of info there!

Hi Kelly
These are the things you need to find out. One :can the legs come off, can the doors come off the hinges. How wide is the area after the front entry. You see once and if youi get through the first door you'll have to stand it up and turn which means that area needs to be over 52 inches wide so you can turn the sofa.
As you already know the sofa you are looking at is higher than the door is wider. It won't fit. You'll need to stick either with sofa's that are lower than the door frame so there is no maneuvering. The ceiling height after front entry needs to be over 112 inches for clearance.
Your other choice would be to have it disassembled.
Now if you have other entries they need to have a door width wider than the height of the sofa, or there needs to be plenty of room on either side of the doors for maneuvering.
Either way it sounds like a lot of nooks and crannies be careful. If you can send me a pic or the name of the sofa so I can see it on line
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few