Moving Furniture/Will it fit

Question
QUESTION: I am getting a new furniture for my great room and I planned on moving my old sofa & loves eat to an upstairs tv room.  It just occurred to me "will the old stuff fit through the door?"  The sofa measures H33", D38", W91" and the doorway inside measurement is W29", H81" removing the door from the hinges.  Before we lug it up the stairs...will it fit?

Thanks,
Linda

ANSWER: Hi Linda
Will you have the delivery men do the move? Because the last time I used my wife for a delivery like that (we don't even talk about that day. Is the height with or without the legs?
This wouldn't be a simple move. Sofa would need to be stood up in front of the new entry with the arms facing the entry way. You would grab the arm at the floor and start to bring it in while leaning the opposite arm the other way. Not to much though. Halfway in start to rotate the arm all the way until the back has crossed the entry. Bring that arm up while you bring the other side down slowly while rotating that arm through. Bam its in. Now the e ceiling has to be 116 inches for it to be stood up and I don't recommend you and  another person to do this. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: The measurement is with 6" legs that are not removable.  The ceiling height is 96".  So I am assuming there is no way the sofa will fit.  However, the loveseat is the same height and depth but is 69" wide.  I also realize that the balcony hallway width outside the door is only 38" (there is railing instead of a wall on each side).  Is there a good chance that the loveseat will fit given the width of the hall and the size of the loveseat?  These are heavy pieces and we aren't spring chickens so we really don't want to get them up the 'L' shaped stairway to find that there is NO WAY it's going to fit. Thanks for your help!
-Linda

Answer
Hi Linda
Why don't you do this. When the new stuff comes ask the deliverymen for 20.00ea. They'll move whatever you want. I used to have 4 trucks running furniture deliveries and I can tell you we'll do anything for a buck. Plus they can tell you right there weather it will fit or not.
Remember spring chickens don't move furniture. Will the loveseat fit. As long as its lower than the height of the door it should be fine. PS don't ask the store if there deliverymen will help move your private furniture cause there answer will be that there men will not touch your existing furniture. Just ask the guys when they get there. Linda I just don't think you should be moving furniture. You could scratch the walls or the sofa or worse you could fall down the stairs its not worth it. The loveseat would need to be stood up on one arm and brought to the entry of the room with the back going in first as a rotating circle. Good Luck Linda
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer