Moving Furniture/moving a sofa into a basement

Question
We are trying to purchase a sectional sofa for our basement. The largest piece is 41"w 33" High and 94" long. The door opening is 34.5" wide x 79" High. This entrance is from the outside. On the right side of the door it meets the wall. The wall is 4 ft wide to the corner opposite the door. On the left side, it's open and goes up the stairs. There is no concern for ceiling height and plenty of open space inside the door to the next room. Can we be sure this sofa will make it's way through the door? We don't want to make a mistake and order something we can't get in the space.

Answer
Hi Jim
Is this a straight shot into the basement or are there any sharp turns. Is this entry leading right into the basement or do you walk down any stairs? If its going straight in then your good to go. If there's a sharp turn right after entry, the hallway would need to be over 52 inches wide and the ceiling would need to be over 112 inches high. Hope this helps  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer