Moving Furniture/Getting new couch through the door

Question
QUESTION: Hi Paul,
Can you help me determine if a new sectional will fit through my door? My door is 29"(close to 30") x 79".  

The couch is 2 pieces.  One is 78" long x 39" Depth.  The other is 82" long x 39" depth.  The back height of the couch is 35".  

Thanks very much!

ANSWER: Hi Maria
You will need to find out its true height. It says 36inches but that's to the top of the cushion. We need to know how high  it is to the wood. Plus we need to know if the legs come off. Also see if the door can come of its hinges. Because its a sectional there is one side that you can't maneuver in. The height of the sofa has to be lower than the width of the doorway.
One of these pieces will fit because its total length is smaller than the height of the door.
Its all about the second piece. Its 3 inches off and it all depends which piece is the bigger of the two. If its the chaise with the corner seat it can't be maneuvered in if the two backs are the same height. If you can give me the name of the piece so I can see what your buying I might be able to help some more. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thanks so much for the info Paul.  Here's the couch:  
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/milano-leather-sectional-sofa-2-piece-117w-x-

According to the spec sheet I have, it says "back height on all pieces is 35", Seat height 18" .  The pillows have zippers that attach it to the couch so they can be removed during the move.  Not sure about the legs, though.   Let me know what you think.  Thanks for your input!

Answer
Hi Maria
When they give you the specs its to the top of the cushion not the actual Back. Those legs pretty sure come off which from the pic looks like a 28inch back. I would call the store first
just to make sure see if they wouldn't mind measuring that back.. Your good to go enjoy the new sectional.  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer