Moving Furniture/Will the sofa fit through my door ?

Hi Paul,

I am looking at purchasing a second hand sofa and can't figure out if it will fit through my front door.  The sofa measures height 78 cm width 2006 cm depth 98 cm the feet are removable and are 10 cm, this may just make the diference I'm hoping. The front door is 68 cm x 189 cm.
Do you think the sofa will fit ?

Best Wishes

hi Fiona
Can the door come off the hinges? Other than that tight (very tight)
Legs have to come off. Any sharp turns? Is there room on either side of entry?
Also the arm height would have to be under 65cm for this to work. If so stand the sofa up with arms facing doorway. Bring bottom arm in while leaning the other arm the other way just enough. As you bring that bottom arm in halfway start rotating once back goes through pick that side up and let the other side down and continue the rotation that should work.
If the door comes off though all this writing was for nothing cause you'll be good to go.
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few