Moving Furniture/Couch into a small elevatro

I just moved into a new apartment & am having some difficulty with the couch.. Is it be possible to fit a couch that is 87" long, 27" tall (without cushions or legs) and 40" deep into an elevator with the following measurements: 92" tall, 42" deep & 72" wide? There is an overhang at the back of the elevator that is 10" long - bringing the height at the back of the elevator to 72" (and leaving 32" usable depth). The elevator door are 82" tall x 36" tall. There is some room for maneuverability on either side of the elevator doors. Any help would be appreciated!Thanks!

Hey Mara
Sadly the answer is no. The sofa is smaller than the height of the elevator but the problem lies with getting it in the elevator. Think of a television. From top to bottom its 20 inches but from top corner to the opposite bottom corner its 8-15 inches longer. Now think of the sofa. Cause its bigger than the door its has to be angled . Which means you need a height of 110inches for it to clear. Are there not a stairwell?
If you would like a number for a disassembly service get back to me and I'll find you one.
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few