Moving Furniture/fitting a sofa through a narrow doorway

QUESTION: Could you tell me whether I could fit a sofa that is H89cm x W207cm x D90cm through my narrow living room doorway (194 x 67cm)?  I suspect not but would appreciate an expert opinion.

ANSWER: Hi Rhiannon
A couple of things. Can the legs come off? Can the door come off its hinges? How high are the arms? Are there any sharp turns before entry ? And is there an open area before and after entry? Without these the answer to your question is a NO it won't fit.
They do have disassembly services in your area. If you would like there info get back to me.
Peace Love and Happiness

Thanks for your reply. The legs do come off, the door cannot come off its hinges though. The arms are 28cm high off the seats, the seat back is 48cm.  Floor to seat height is 41cm. There is an open area after entry but not really before, the doorway is at the end of a corridor. there are two other doorways either side of the corridor though which can be opened to allow more room.

Hi Rhiannon
What is the height of the back now that the legs come off ? You need to find out the true height of the back of the sofa. From floor to the top of the back. Not to the top of the cushion. If the true height of the back comes out to be lower than 67cm your good to go.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few