Moving Furniture/Moving a desk

Question
QUESTION: Hello!

We have a desk that is 29.25" in height, 30.25" wide, and 62" long.

One of the sides is open so someone can sit at the desk and work, the opposite side is a solid piece of wood.

The desk needs to pass through one doorway which is 29" wide and 80" in height.

Then, a second doorway that is 29" wide and 80" in height.

Physical maneuvering and the laws of physics seem to tell me this is an impossible feat.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thank you!

ANSWER: Hi Paul
So you've never played TETRIS? It depends on a couple of things. One : really need to see the desk. the area were you sit its an opened area front and back? Or is the back all wood? How many legs on the piece and what's the height of those legs? Can the door be taken off the hinges? If that works your good to go. Get back to me and I'll be able to give you a clearer answer with those questions answered. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thanks, and right you are about TETRIS!  To your questions...

Where you sit is completely open, it has no "legs" per see, the ends are solid wood with no openings, the back is also solid wood with no openings.

The height of the desk, desktop to the bottom is 29.25".

The doorway measurements given, already assume the one door involved is taken off its hinges.  In between the two doors is a short 5' corridor that is about 35" wide...

I just don't see it happening in this lifetime!  Thank you!

Answer
My good man
Before we throw up the white flag if you can turn the piece upside down. It didn't come whole. It just depends on what they used to put it together. Take the drawers out and look for any screws or holes. If they glued it . Well then see you in the next life. Peace  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer