Moving Furniture/Moving a sofa through a door

I am thinking of purchasing a beautiful, 2nd hand Thomasville sofa, dimensions 39" height, by 41" width by 7' in  length, but my door is only 35" width by 6'6" height. (The back of the sofa slopes down in the middle and then rises again, for a sort of crescent shape; not sure if this would make a difference...)  I have 2 1/2 feet leeway inside the door on both sides.  Once it's in, there is lots of room to move as it's an open area.  Do you think it's worth a try?

Hi Catherine
This is the problem. Your buying a 2nd hand sofa which means you'll have unprofessional delivery help. Is this correct. If so I don't recommend you buying this sofa. Believe it or not it actually takes a little skill when the entry ways are difficult . You'll have to stand the sofa up on one arm facing the entry way need to make sure there are no sharp turns or low ceilings to this point. Bring the lower arm in first while leaning the back of the sofa the opposite way. Not too much now. When the arm is half way in start to rotate the sofa while holing that lean on the other side. Once that arm is in pick that arm up while slowly bringing the other arm down and repeat the process for the other arm Simple
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few