Moving Furniture/Sofa fitting through door opening.

Hello Paul, I thought I was the only one in the world who didnít know how to calculate whether a sofa would fit through my door, how wrong was I.  My door is 27Ē wide and the usual door height (6ft something) and the sofa I want to buy has the following dimensions:
Arm section dimensions (HxWxD)   54x13x97
Assembled dimensions (HxWxD)   83x164x92cm
Back cushion height   43cm

Its an old Victorian house so as soon as you open the front door the stairs are immediately in front and there is a reception room either side of the staircase.  Can you possibly tell me if I could get this sofa through the doors?  Much appreciated.

Hi Maureen
We need to make sure the height of the door frame is over 65inches. If so your good to go. Sofa will need to be stood on one arm and rotated through the door ways. Always best to call the store that your looking to buy the sofa from, because the measurements they give you on the internet are from floor to top of cushion. Find out if the legs come off and what the true height of the piece is. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few