Moving Furniture/Difficulty fitting sofa through doors/hallways

Janna sofa
Janna sofa  
Apartment dimensions
Apartment dimensions  

I ordered a beautiful new sofa, and unfortunately the delivery crew was not able to fit in in my apartment.  The dimensions of the sofa are 82"W x 29 1/2"H x 41"D.  The factory can modify the depth but not the width.  Attached is a sketch of the apartment.  Please let me know:

- Would the sofa fit if the depth were to be reduced?  If so, by how much would it need to be reduced?

- Would increasing the height of the bathroom and living room doors by 1/2" make a difference?

Thanks very much for your help!

ANSWER: Hi Emily
From what it looks like its the length that's the problem and the depth. You have a lot of twist and turns. I suggest getting the size smaller. As long as the sofa is smaller than the height of the entry ways you'll be fine. Other than that you will have problems. You would have to adjust every door its going through cause the only way it can go through that hallway is by standing it up. Or you can have it disassembled and reassembled in your home. Cost a bit xtra but guaranteed to fit in. It doesn't say where you live but I got friends everywhere. You want a number get back to me. If you want to take a look at what I do look aT
or look on you tube for Dr. sofa. Good Luck Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Hi again,

I am considering ordering a replacement sofa in the dimensions of 78"W x 29"H x 36"D.  Two more questions -

- Will the sofa be able to turn the corner in the hallway and make it through the second door?

- Will the ledge in the hallway be a problem, or can the sofa be angled to avoid it?

Thank you very much!

Hi Emily
As long as your correct on your measurements the sofa can fit through the doorways by standing it on one arm. You'll have 1/2 inch clearance. Not much will be tight. My only other problem are the turns and that last doorway. If that doorway says 30 1/2 your cool if it says 20 1/2 your not cool. Smaller one will work. Take all the doors off its hinges and have them or you pull all the cushions off the sofa before entry.
Here's one more thing the bottom wood portion if its not part of the sofa will have a total of 10 screws. If you unscrew the wood you get a lot more room and no damages.  Deliverymen are always in a rush so just have the drill ready and give the guys a tip they help you out. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few