Moving Furniture/How to pack my childs crib when moving

I am getting ready to move and I have a wood crib that is extremely heavy that I am trying to figure out the best way to transport from house to house.  Most liking when going from house to house we will be using whatever car, or truck available at the time to get stuff to the new house.  I need to completely disassemble to crib because it won't be able to be reassembled in the new house because it is a temporary situation.  Most likely it will be being held in the basement and I do not know for how long.  I need to know the best way to secure the pieces from harm on the journey, and safe from the basement.

Thank you so much!

Hi Jennifer
I would disassemble the crib and wrap with shrink wrap. I would get some packing foam and wrap the pieces 2 on either side of the foam and then use shrink wrap. Should keep the moisture and from getting warped in the basement Good Luck
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few