Moving Furniture/size of sofa and doorway

Question
Hi Paul,
I have 2 couches that I need to move and I was wondering if you could tell me if they will fit through the doorway to my basement.  The first couch measures 37 1/2" deep, 29 1/2" high and 92 1/2" long.  The second couch is 41"deep, 30 1/2" high and 90" long (this couch has 3" legs that were nailed in so I assume we could remove them if necessary).  The doorway to the basement measures 29" wide and 80" tall.  The doorway is a straight shot down from the outside door entrance which is 30" wide and 80" tall.  Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  Also, thank you for being a part of the All Experts forum!!  What a great resource!!  

Thank you, Jill

Answer
Hi Jill
The only measurement we care about if its a straight shot is the height. With the legs on, the height is 29 1/2 and 30 1/2 If the legs come off your good to go  If they don't see if the doors come off the hinges that might help to. If none of these things help then on to the next. How low are the arms ? Is there room on either side of the doorway? And How High is your ceiling. There is a chance to maneuver the furniture in, but that would require someone with experience in moving. See if the legs come off if not get back to me I'll give the steps Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer