Moving Furniture/Sofa dimensions vs door dimensions

Question
Hi I have ordered a new sofa. The dimensions are: length 220cms, depth: 99cm and height: 91 cm. I am concerned that it will not fit through our front door which is height: 200cms and width: 73cms? Will it work?

Answer
Hi Stuart
Because the height of the sofa is higher than the width of the door it will all depend on the arms. The arms need to be lower than the back and you'll need room on either side of the entry for maneuvering. If you have this you'll need to stand sofa on one arm facing entry way and start by bringing the bottom arm in first while leaning the other arm the other way. Then once halfway start rotating the arm through once through pick that side up slowly while bringing the other side down while rotating the other side. Hope this helps . Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer