Moving Furniture/moving furniture

QUESTION: Is it possible to move a reclining sofa that is 84" long, 39" high and 40" deep through a doorway that is 31" x 79"?

ANSWER: Hi Cynthia
As a whole not likely. But if you look at the recliner most of them are 3 seats that are connected at the bottom by 2 bars that can be easily screwed off. Or if you look at the back of the recliners usually the backs can come off. Depending on the manufacturer the backs are connected by 2 brackets that can be released and the backs come off. If you can tell me the name of the piece I can see it online and tell you weather it can work. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Amazing!?! Most helpful information I've found in all my searching! The sofa is a Lane Edison 321 wall hugger manual reclining sofa at
Thank you so much.

Hey Cynthia
I saw the reclining sofa. Nice, Here's the thing, for me this is no problem. Either those backs come off or the bars underneath connect all 3 chairs. If you notice a reclining sofa is actually 3 chairs that connect with bars underneath. Now for someone like you this might be difficult . I would hate to say yes and you have a problem. Now here's another thing, Are there any sharp turns or is this going from the front door right into a big room. There was a pro delivery service I found on the lane page called MANNA Distribution center they do white glove service and they offer assembly which means they know what there doing. You might want to try them. This sofa also has a chance as a whole to get in here's how, Stand the recliner up on one arm facing door pick the arm from the floor and start bringing in the arm lean the top portion towards the opposite end (not much)halfway through start to rotate arm once clear start bringing that arm up while slowly bringing the outer arm down, and repeat the process.
Whew. Be careful whatever you decide its a tight fit and can cause damage . Get 2 Loveseats
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few