Moving Furniture/Sofa Through Doorway / Remove Door Frame?

Hey Paul

We've been measuring up our door frame (and window frame for that matter) and albeit we think we already know it's not feasible to get it through, i wanted to ask your advice.

Our doorframe is smaller than normal, measuring at 63.5 (25") wide. With the couch measurements listed below, we know it won't go in turned on it's smallest width, i've even made a wooden frame of the outline of the couch to test but it seems that even turned on an angle the padding of the backrest and the padding of the seat would cause it to make it just too tight to get in. Unfortunately the couch doesn't dismantle either.

We're considering removing the door frame in which to get it in and wondered if you'd had a similar experience? I've provided the measurements of the couch below including the width of doorway without the doorframe.

Height: 85cm (75cm without feet)
Length: 211cm
Depth: 99cm (front of couch to the back)

Width: 63.5cm (with doorframe)
Width: 76cm (without doorframe)
Height: 194cm (with doorframe)

Hi Adam
First here's a company I think does your area They are a disassembly company like mine and they take care of UK. There called . They might be able to help you. A person who does disassembly's believes there's not a sofa out there that can't be dismantled.
If not your way might work as long as there's no sharp turns or any other obstacles.
If the arms are smaller than the height of the back then you'll need to stand the sofa up on one arm and start by bringing the bottom arm in first while you lean the sofa ever so slightly towards the opposite end, once the arm is halfway in start to rotate the arm once cleared bring that end up and repeat with the other end. Before you start tearing apart your house think of these options 1) Call or look for a sofa or loveseats that are smaller than the height of the door and the height of the back is higher than the arms you won't half to tear the house down. Happy destruction Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few