Moving Furniture/Tape

Is there a special kind or brand of tape to hold down- compress cushions for moving into a house thru a narrow doorway? Don't want to leave a sticky residue or discolor sofa...please advise thanks

I hope I will be able to help :)
Unfortunately there is no tool or something to compress the size of the furniture or cushions or set of tools to mention for do it your self disassembly assembly work of upholstered furniture. If furniture does not fit - it may require disassembly and assembly and if it is upholstered than professional experienced person to do so.
It involves multiple tools as well as good knowledge and experience to take apart sofa, since most of them have glued and stapled frame, and upholstery work, not to mention padding and spring boards.
Iíve seen a lot of customers requesting for service company names after they attempt to do them self and needed repair, in most of those questions I felt that repair of the damages may not be even be completely reversible for such reason I would highly suggest to hire professionals. Such service is not very expensive and can be afforded for less than buying tools and requesting repair service afterwards.
One of the best companies that service mentioned by you areas is "All Furniture Services" they very professional, they work 24/7 and they do not charge extra for same day service. I'm not sure how much exactly they charge but it is very affordable and considering work I would say cheap. Their web: tell: 1-347-528-7777, 1 718-268-2727, 1-646-688-4026
Good luck to you!

Moving Furniture

Mikayel Aslanyan

Furniture Repair, Antique Restoration, Disassembly, Assembly, Sofa / Couch Take apart,Refinishing, upholstery, take apart, Moving Damages, Insurance Claims, Sofa Couch Disassembling, Leather Vinyl dyeing

17 years in business as well as own furniture repair companies in NY NJ CT MD VA DC PA IL CA

masters degree in cybernetics

Rated # 1 Service Company in NYC metro area, Winner of 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award and Thumbtack Elite Service Award, Recognition for All Furniture Repair & Disassembling Services as Best of Citysearch, 2006 Audience Winner in Home Repair Category, Award of Best of Flushing 2008, 2009 & 2010 in Furniture Repair & Refinishing by US Local Business Association, Multiple Publications including New York Magazine, New York Interior Magazine, Time Out New York, Spotlights on Univision News, NBC News, etc. Awarded Certificate of ISO 9001:2000 Standard.

over 300 acounts in furniture industry visit