Moving Furniture/More information on my earlier question on sofa

Hi Paul, I sent an earlier email. I now attach further information to hopefully assist with your advice.

We are struggling to work out if our new sofas will fit into our property. I hope your expert advice can help.

The two sofas are the following measurements:
Sofa 1: H 86cm, W 154cm, D 95cm
Sofa 2: H 87cm, W 228cm, D 101cm Diagonal from top of back, to front of base is 117cm

The door frame when entering the building is W 71cm, H 193.5cm.
Once you enter through the door you have a tight left turning where you go back on yourself to go up 3 stairs.
The new height once entered through the door is H 244cm.
The depth/ distance once through the door to the wall infront of you is (and before you turn round the left corner is) D 89cm. This wall infront of me and before I turn left and back on myself has a total width of W177cm.
The diagonal from the right hand side of door upon entering to far left corner (before going back on myself) is 199cm and from the left hand side of door upon entering is 129cm)

Once around the left corner and as you go up the stairs the width of the corridor is W 82 cm and H 244cm.

I hope I have been able to paint a picture of the layout.

Thank you in advance for your guidance and advice."

Hi Chris
Thank you for the diagram it helped a little. Got a little confused but that's ok. You have two choices here. The first one is to get a smaller piece. The pieces you will need so there is no trouble anything in length that's smaller than the height of your doorway, You have a very bad angle coming in from the entry. That wall in front of you will hinder any piece you try to maneuver. Your other choice is a company called they disassemble furniture like I do. Which means any piece you want to get will fit. Its does cost a little more. Worth it if your sticking around for longer than a year. Not cost affective if your thinking of moving to a different place soon after. Also be aware of the arms of the sofa you purchase need also to be lower than the back of the sofa. Hope this helps Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few