Moving Furniture/Loveseat

Hello, Paul!

I'm considering purchasing a loveseat, but am concerned about clearance through my tiny apartment door. The doorway is 28" wide, while the loveseat dimensions are w: 59, h: 32, d: 33. A picture of the loveseat is attached.

I asked the seller if the legs are detachable, they said they don't believe so, but that the height includes the sofa legs.

I have a small landing in front of my apartment door and think I could easily stand it on its side, but am just nervous about it. (This is coming after having had to buy a split box spring because my Queen got stuck in the stairwell - I think the stairwell will be okay based on the length of the loveseat, but I certainly don't want to go through that experience again).

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Haley
The loveseat needs to be stood up and brought in with the arms first . Once you've cleared the front legs you should have the depth to maneuver. With a loveseat like this you shouldn't have any problems. No worries. The box spring got stuck because its length to go with the width that made it difficult. To make it a little easier you could take the door off. Gives you 2 xtra inches. If your having pro's deliver the loveseat then a nice 20 tip will help them help you. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few