Moving Furniture/Can sectional fit up attic stairs

QUESTION: I want to buy a sectional for my attic and was wondering if I can fit it up the stairs.  The piece I a concerned about is corner unit. 28" high, 35" wide.  The door frame is just 28" wide and the stairs curve around at the bottom.  The stairs are 30" wide and it is open above the the stairs.  Also what size bed do you think I can get up there. The sofa is called Harper from Macy's.  it says 31" high for back but the with the leg still on.

Can you please tell me the lengths of both pieces. Also need the height of ceiling in the stairwell. You say it curves at the botoom is it open area or are we talking the 30 inches in the hallway. If you have to make any turns understand the 35 inch depth will make it difficult to turn. You need at least 48 inches to be able to turn the sofa. Is there a door at the end of the turn? Get back to me . Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: the corner unit is 28"h, 35"w, 35"l. That is the piece I am concerned about.  The other pieces are 28"h, 33" w, 35"l. There is no ceiling above the stairs.  You open a door and the stairs curve at the door opening. I attached a pic. of stairs.

Hi Jane
After looking at the pieces I would be concerned about all 3 Pieces . The arms and back are the same height which makes it difficult not impossible to maneuver. Cause its only 2 sides not 3 that are the same height. which makes it somewhat flexible. Even though its small pieces its the shapes that makes it hard to make that turn. If that curve is more of a sharp turn and the measurements you gave me are accurate. It will be almost impossible to get up. You like to stick with furniture that have lower arms easier to maneuver plus it makes the corner piece easier too. As for a bed. Its the box springs you need to worry about. If there's no cap on ceiling once you past the turn. You need to see from frame of door to bottom stair. Normally you want to stick with twin box springs full shouldn't be a problem and queen might have to bend a little. Mattresses bend Sofa's don't Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few