Moving Furniture/What size will work?

Hi, I hope you can help me. I have an entrance door that is 84" high and 35"wide. It is arched (rounded) on the top. The door opens into a 3'4" wide and 4'6" deep vestibule.  There is a 27" wide closet directly across from the door.  I am trying to determine what size sofa will fit through the opening.  The ceiling height is 8'6" and there is an arch between the vestibule and living room that measures 8' from floor to top of arch. This is an old row house in DC.  Thank you for any help!

Hi Pirard
Thank you for the picture. You would have to stick with something 79-82 inches. Anything more between the door and the sharp turn will have a hard time. Think of a tv from top to bottom it measures 10 but from bottom point on left to top point on right the numbers are higher. Same thing with a sofa . If you get anything big that has to be brought in as an angle it might night make it. The depth of the sofa would have to be less than 37 inches . Let me give you a number, What I do for a living I disassemble furniture that's can't get into small area's. You can call Jennifer Convertibles and ask them for the number to there disassembly service or you can check out either Dr Sofa or All Furniture services./ I'm pretty sure we have friends every where. With this service you can get anything you want. They take it apart and put it back together like it was never done. Cost between 250.00 and 475.00. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few