Moving Furniture/Will this corner sofa fit?

Here is a link to the sofa:

My door is 27 inches wide. However, the problem is the stairs. Here's a photo of the staircase from up and down:

The width of the staircase from the wall to the part that juts out on the left (looking up) is 27.5 inches. If you factor in the handrail as well, the width is only 24.5 inches. There might be room to lift the sofa over the handrail as it goes down. The shortest distance from the handrail to the ceiling is 28 inches, though its larger for  most of it.

Hi Sam
I might be wrong but the height of the sofa is 33 with the legs on with them off you have 28 or 29 inches. That my friend doesn't make it through the front door. The arms and back are the same height which makes it difficult to maneuver the chaise or the loveseat . You have a very small entry and stairwell. I would be looking at furniture that comes in pieces. ( Simplicity Sofas) take a look at this place. Or call this company and find out if the legs come off and what the height would be after the legs are off. If the height number is larger than ANY of your entries I'd be careful. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few