Moving Furniture/Couch fitting through doorway

QUESTION: We are trying to find a couch to fit through our basement door that is 29" wide. We have found this couch: and we want to buy 3 components- the right arm loveseat (74" w x 41" d x 38" h- the height is actually only 29 inches with the feet and cushions off), the left arm chaise (37" w x 70" d x 38" h- same height of 29 with the feet off and without the cushions, and the armless chair (32" w x 41" d x 38" h). Pottery Barn has told us that we need at least 30 inches to get the couch in, but I think if it comes in turned on it's end, it will fit. The height of our doorway is 80 inches. I am trying to figure out if we can turn it on it's end and sort of rotate it in. Thoughts? I need an answer by late afternoon on 1/8/14- before the sale is over!

ANSWER: Hi Lauren
You talk about a basement door. Where would this door be? Coming from upstairs from inside the house ? Or is it downstairs straight into the room. Are there any sharp turns before or after entry? Make sure they take all the legs off and if the cushions are unattached have them removed to. Makes it easier to deliver without all the bulk. Other than that your good to go.
Little hint when there delivering make sure the arms are facing the entry way for an easy delivery. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: The couch is delivered with the legs removed and the cushions are on the couch but the whole couch is wrapped in plastic upon delivery. We have had furniture delivered in the past from Pottery Barn.

The door is at ground level and the furniture would be delivered straight through the door. There are no stairs or sharp turns. The couch would go straight through the door, down a hallway and into the room it is intended for- the hallway is 35 or so inches, so getting down the hallway should not be a problem.

With all of those questions answered, do you still think we can get it in the door?

Hi Lauren
That is correct the sofa is wrapped with plastic that you can make a hole and grab the removable cushions out with out taking the plastic off. The pieces will fit the chaise will be the only problem make sure they bring the chaise in feet side first so when you enter the room there will be enough room for maneuvering. Enjoy the new furniture. Peace Love and Happineass

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few