Moving Furniture/Getting a sofa through a door

QUESTION: I am buying the 3 seater version of this sofa:

I am pretty worried that it won't fit through the door.  My front door is 77-78cm wide by 198cm tall.  There are no turns in the hall it is just straight through but I am concerned it won't go - or can it be angled through?

I believe all of the cushions and legs etc are fixed and cannot be removed.

Please help!

ANSWER: Hi Daniel
I'm sorry but the diagram was to hard for me to figure out. Need to see the sofa. Send me the name or model number and I'll look it up on the internet.
Now for my questions, I haven't seen the furniture so how do you know the cushions are attached and the legs come off? Did you ask the company? Are there any other sharp turns that the sofa will be going through or is it straight through one door and into a living room? Can the door come off the hinges? Are we going up any stairs? You speak of a hallway, is that before or after entry? From the slight picture you've givin me, You could stand the sofa on one arm with the arm facing the doorway, and bring the lower arm through first and rotate, But here's the problem, If the hallway is to narrow on either side then you can't rotate. Plus if the ceilings to low you wont be able to stand the sofa up. Here's a name of a company I think can take care of you if you want. They specialize in disassembly and reassembly of furniture. Peace Love and Happiness

The sofa is a Lazio 3 seater sofa from denelli.

So you have the front door then a straight hallway and then a door into the lounge so it is all in a straight line.
 The 2 doors are both 78cm wide. The doors could come off their hinges.

Yes I asked the company, the cushions are definitely attached. I am pretty sure they said the legs were fixed but I might be wrong.

Hi Daniel
You are going to have to talk to them again. Here's the thing. The measurements for the height are all the way to the top of the cushion not to the wood. Plus those legs will give you another inch. Pretty sure the legs come off. But you have to call them to ask them the true height of the sofa. Because of the hallway there is no room for maneuvering. So we have to see about the height. If the measurements are different you can get the sofa in. Got to do your homework. Very bulky sofa and remember the tighter it is the easier it can get damaged. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few