Moving Furniture/Will my sofa fit through my door?

Hi, we've fell in love with a sofa but we're not sure it will fit through the door. The width of the sofa is 197cm, depth 108cm and height 89cm. The door height is 196cm and the width is 82cm, so only one dimension is less than the door dimensions. Is there any way it will fit? Thanks

Hi Vicky
Are there any sharp turns before or after entry? Can the legs come off? Can the door come off the hinges? The sofa your looking at was it on a internet site? If so the height might be off. The internet sites give you the height from the floor to the tippy tippy  top of the soft cushion. The dimensions they give you is for where your putting the sofa not interested in weather it will fit. Also is the arm height lower than the back height. Its less than a centimeter in terms of the sofa length and the door height. As long as there's no sharp turns you should be OK. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few