Moving Furniture/Large chair with small doorway leading to long narrow hall

floor plan
floor plan  
I have a small doorway (75cm) which opens into a narrow hall.  As the door can't open back on itself, taking this into account, along with door furniture leaves a gap of 72cm.

The door is hinged on the left and opens inwards.  On the right side of the hallway (past the clearance of the door) there is a radiator on the wall which sticks out by 5cm.

The room that the furniture needs to get into is on the right beyond the radiator, at a 90 degree angle off the narrow hall.  The hall continues beyond the doorway to the right (there is another doorway off on the right, and the hall then turns to the left (opposite the second doorway, at 90 degree angle) and the corridor continues.

Is there any hope of me getting a large retro swivel chair in to the room?  1030mm high x 940mm wide x 950mm deep

For reference, this sort of thing

Also, I'm looking at sofas to buy.  As the hallway is so long, I assume the 'remove legs and tip on end and curl around the corner method' won't work…as there is nowhere to curl the sofa to.  Am I going to have to get a low backed sofa and/or one with low arms to get it in?

Many thanks

I hope I will be able to help :)

To be 100% certain all measurements of the furniture should be less than what the measurements of the clearance, however facts such as shape of it clearance of any of the sizes to eb able to move in and rotate, arms and back that will allow to be tilted and or passed through the door diagonally makes a big difference.

According to your measurements they do not look too promising, as none of the measurements less and narrow hallway that have to pass to rotate into the door is not clearing any of the measurements to pass without disassembly assembly.

From what I see and feel it may need some disassembly assembly done. check with some local furniture stores as dont know any in UK and hopefully they will have some tech who can help you with disassembly assembly if needed, back may need to be sepparated and isntalled back afterwards.

One of the best companies in US is "All Furniture Services" they very professional, they work 24/7 they do not charge extra for same day service and almost always they can send you someone right away. I know they dont service UK.
I'm not sure how much exactly they charge but it is very affordable and considering work I would say cheap. Their web: tel.: 1 718-268-2727

All the Best

Moving Furniture

Mikayel Aslanyan

Furniture Repair, Antique Restoration, Disassembly, Assembly, Sofa / Couch Take apart,Refinishing, upholstery, take apart, Moving Damages, Insurance Claims, Sofa Couch Disassembling, Leather Vinyl dyeing

17 years in business as well as own furniture repair companies in NY NJ CT MD VA DC PA IL CA

masters degree in cybernetics

Rated # 1 Service Company in NYC metro area, Winner of 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award and Thumbtack Elite Service Award, Recognition for All Furniture Repair & Disassembling Services as Best of Citysearch, 2006 Audience Winner in Home Repair Category, Award of Best of Flushing 2008, 2009 & 2010 in Furniture Repair & Refinishing by US Local Business Association, Multiple Publications including New York Magazine, New York Interior Magazine, Time Out New York, Spotlights on Univision News, NBC News, etc. Awarded Certificate of ISO 9001:2000 Standard.

over 300 acounts in furniture industry visit