Moving Furniture/New Sofa

QUESTION: I just bought a new sofa - dimensions are 90" long, 39" high and 39" deep.  My entry doorway is 35" x 78".  It's a straight shot from the doorway into the living room - no corners and no stairs.  Do you think this sofa will fit through the doorway? I have included a pic of the sofa.  Hope to hear soon as they are supposed to deliver on Saturday!!

Will be tight See if the legs come off. If they do your good to go. If they don't they might get a little scuffed getting in. The drivers will have to know what there doing. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: OK. Thanks for your quick response.  One other question.  I CAN cancel this delivery and pick something else but am not sure what kind of dimensions I should be looking for to make it an easy fit through the doorway.  Any thoughts/suggestions?

Hi Marg
If the legs come off your good to go. Even with them on I believe I could get it in. But I'm not the one delivering I don't know who's delivering the sofa . If there good you got no problem.
When shopping for furniture your always looking to find out if the legs come off and what the height of the sofa is. As long as the height is lower than the with of your doorway your good to go. See if the door can come off the hinges. Give you another inch sometimes.  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few