Moving Furniture/chair and half fitting through doorway

Question
Hi!  Wondering if a chair and a half (with a sofa bed inside) would fit through my 31.5" standard doorway.  We would be entering through that doorway and going directly into a doorway to the left (hard left turn.  However, once you enter the room on the left there are a few feet of open space to the right of the doorway.  The measurements of the chair are as follows:
Overall: 55.5" w x 39.5" d x 36.5" h
Diagonal Depth: 33.5"
Seat: 40" w x 23.5" d x 21.5" h
Arms: 8" w x 26" h
Legs (removable): 7" tapered sq x 3" h
Back Height: 30.5"

I tried fitting an armchair through recently and couldn't get it through...however the legs were not removable and the back was higher than the above mentioned chair and a half.  But it was narrower seat wise.  Not sure if that plays into it...or whether the width even plays a role.

Please help.  thanks!

Answer
Hi Alycia
If its done correctly you should not have a problem. Chair 1/2 should be standing on one arm and rotate it through the entry. With the back going through first no particular reason just feel its easier. I really would have to see this chair you were not able to fit. If it was a wing back chair some times the length of them top to bottom make it hard to maneuver through tight area's but I still think it should have fit. Good Luck Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer