Moving Furniture/Will this couch fit?

Question
Hi, I recently found a couch out of town that we absolutely loved, we splurged, and am going back to pick it up this week, but I am just realizing that It might not fit on our doors.  

The Couch is 86x39x37
The Building Door is 31x79
The Apartment Door is 30x79,  

I'm in a Brooklyn 3rd floor walk up, our halls and stairways have enough height, and there's pretty good room to maneuver right in and out of the apartment door, the building door leads right into a narrow hallway though.

thanks for your advice

Answer
Hi Michael
Be careful. I need measurements I can't use "enough height". Did you find it on the internet or at a store? Or is it second hand? Is the height including the top of the cushions? just need to the end of the wood. You can press the cushions down. Are there ANY sharp turns before or after entries? The sofa is longer than the height of the door so you might have to go on an angle and if so the height of the ceilings need to be at least 120 inches. You mentioned a narrow hallway is there a turn in this narrow hallway? Can the legs come off the sofa? How about the arms are they lower than the height of the back of the sofa? Can you get your money back if it does not fit? You mentioned you were going to pick it up yourself. If you splurged wouldn't you feel more comfortable having pro"s deliver the furniture. How will you feel if you rip or break that sofa. With the measurements you gave me and you picking it up yourself the chances are not good. Be careful.

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer