Moving Furniture/sleeper sofa

QUESTION: I had trouble in past with rounded back heavy queen sleeper sofa getting thru 30in door   its gone but need a new one  can you offer dimensions of a sleeper that can fit thru 30in door  need a queen size  I guess a lower back would help   thanks

Actually Len there's a little more than that. Are there any sharp turns before or after entry?
Any narrow hallways? The best I can tell you at the moment is the height of the sofa has to be less than the width of your door. If length is the problem than you'll be looking for a sofa that is smaller than the height of your door. Other than that find a sofa you like do some homework check your measurements get back to me and I'll tell you weather or not it will fit.
Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thanks for the reply  the house is old and I measured the door way at 29 3/4, 80in tall and hallway 36  there are no corners too close;  guess we should look for low back furniture and removable legs   Happy Holidays    Len

Hi Len
3 piece sectionals with the longest piece being no longer than 79 inches. Height stay under 28 inches with the legs off. You can also consider a disassembly service if there is one in your area. All Furniture service , Dr sofa just to name a few that run semi national. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few