Moving Furniture/furniture size

Question
Hello,

My basement door entrance measures 29.5 inches (the inner frame for the door). What measurements of a couch should I look for to ensure it fits?

Thanks,

Answer
Hi Melody
sorry I was a little under the weather. To insure it fits stay with any thing that is smaller than the height of the door entrance.  Or the height of the sofa has to be lower than 30inches. When looking at furniture on line the one measurement they give that's wrong is always the height. They measure up to the top of the cushions . You need to know if the legs come off and how high it is from wood to wood. Make sure no sharp turns before or after the entry, any narrow hallways or is it going straight in. You can also get modular pieces that have no arms you can also get anything you want They sell sofa's that come in pieces plus there are people like me who disassemble and reassemble furniture.
Or find something you like send me the site or the name of the sofa and I'll tell you if it can go in. Its Free. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer