Moving Furniture/Moving a sofa through a door

Question
Hi!

I'm wondering if I can get your help on whether a sofa will go through a door. The door is approx. 75cm wide, it's up two flights of stairs but I'm pretty confident these stairs are quite wide so that shouldn't be an issue. The sofa itself is pretty large - it's 245cm wide, 105cm deep, 84cm high. Do you think this would fit through the door if we tilt it on its side? There's room for maneuverability inside the flat, although outside the flat it's an open-air corridor which is probably 1m wide, and has a railing that is probably 1m high.

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

Best,
Louis

Answer
Hi Louis
It doesn't sound good. The numbers are just too high. See if the legs come off and find out what the true height of the sofa is (from wood to wood) Is the sofa going straight through. No turns. The door upstairs is straight ahead or is it to the left or right. Is the arm lower than the back of the sofa and can the door come off the hinges? If you could send me a pic of the sofa I would have a better idea. Hold on to this name if you ever need it. sofaassist.com they disassemble furniture in the UK. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer