Moving Furniture/New sofa through doors

Hi, my wife has fallen in love with a sofa that is 92" long, 37" high, and 44" deep. The problem is that we do not have a straight shot into the living room. You enter through the front door into a small entry way, then the doorway into the living room is basically 90 degrees to the left of the front door. Both doorways are 32 inches wide and 80 inches high. The ceiling in the entry way is not high enough to stand the sofa on end.

Our existing sofa came in through the back door and has the same dimensions except for the depth (it is approx. 38 inches deep). It was moved into the house during remodeling, and the laundry room and kitchen were completely empty when it was moved in, and had to be moved through an opening that is only 30 inches wide.

Is it possible to get this new one into our house?

Hi Patrick
So the front door is a clear no. Won't fit due to the length and depth. Can't stand up and can't turn. The reason for that is simple. imagine staring at your tv. From top to bottom let say is 36 inches but if you measure from corner to opposite corner you'll find it to be longer. Same with a sofa. When standing from a laying position you'll hit that point and its usually 15 to 20 inches taller than the length of the sofa . Now for the back entrance has anything changed in terms of dimensions since the remodeling, meaning did the hallway get smaller, did the door width get smaller or are we just talking obstacles. Obstacles are just that obstacles as long as there not sticking out into the path.
Lastly, if you are looking on the internet for furniture they give you measurements 2 out of three are true dimensions but since the legs might come off and the cushions can be pressed down the height of the sofa tends to be a little distorted. You might want to call the company on that one. Picture of back entry and the name of the sofa so I can Look it up would also help making a verdict.  Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few