Moving Furniture/will this sofa fit through 31 inch doorway

I've just ordered this sofa from Jennifer Convertibles 85x39x38 inches.

If this site says door dimension 32" and my open doorway is 31". It is the doorway between the kitchen and dining room. From the kitchen, there is a stove on one side of the doorway and cabinets on the other.  On the dining room side, one side of the doorway is a wall the other is clear.  

Do you think it could squeeze through?  I'm waiting to hear from customer service if the feet come off. When they give a door size, does that usually include feet and "squishability"?

Thank you!

Hi Kristin
Ok when they give you measurements on the internet there giving complete sizes. So length , depth and height. There giving you the measurements for placement not delivery . The legs can come off and the height is from wood to wood. You'll need to call a Jennifer store and hopefully get a nice sales person who will get up and measure the sofa.
Kristin it sounds like you live in a tight area, Do you have to go up any stairs or down them , or an elevator? Are there any sharp turns ? I know jennifers, they will charge you for the delivery if it doesn't fit. Then you'll need a disassembly service. When you enter how many doorways will you be going through? Is there a turn after entry .
The reason I ask these questions is because this sofa in terms of shape is relatively a small sofa so by you asking me if there is any squashability for this sofa to fit leads me to believe there is more to the maze.
Now if where just talking the width of the door then yeah the legs come off straight in your good.Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few