Moving Furniture/Can a sofa fit through my door

Question
Hello,

I would like to order a sofa with the following dimensions:

Seat cushions are 22 inches deep, attached to frame
Armrests are 26 inches high off the ground
Legs are 3 inches tall
Sofa dimensions: 38 inches high x 86 inches wide x 38 inches deep
Seat height: 20 inches

My door opening width is approximately 30.75". By my math, if you rotate the the couch 45 degrees, it should fit in the door. Is this correct? Thank you.

-Tom

Answer
Hi Tom
Before we go into your math, we need to find out if the legs come off and what the true height of the sofa is. From wood to wood. 8 inches is a big number for rotation. It wouldn't work. Plus you'll need room on either side of entry for maneuvering . Also keep in mind that they have disassembly services in your area just in case. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer