Moving Furniture/figuring out a couch size

Question
I want to buy a couch for my bedroom but am unsure how to figure out what size couch I can buy that will fit through my door. My bedroom door is about 29 inches wide x about 78-79 inches high. I have been looking at apartment sized sofas and love seats that are no more than 73 inches wide. The height has varied depending on style but I am not sure what height would fit or depth. There is some room to maneuver inside the door of the room. Can you help?

I am not so concerned about getting the couch through front doors since they are double doors that can open and staircase up to room is wide.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Medora
As long as you stick with any sofa under the length of 77 inches and the arm height has to be lower than the back height and the sofa can be stood up and rotated through the door way. Also before purchasing on line find out if the legs come off and the true height of the sofa. You can get a bigger sofa but the back height needs to be under 29 inches. Hopes this helps peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer