Moving Furniture/Moving a King Size Bed into a Garden Style Apartment

I will be moving into a "garden style" apartment, which is 2 and 3-story building with no elevators.  I have a huge king size bed which is 15 inches thick and does not bend.  I was told when I moved into my current garden apartment on the third floor that they couldn't get it up under the stairs, but had to lift it up over the balcony railing to get it up to the third floor.  Now I'm wondering if I move into another garden style apartment on a second floor, that the mattress won't fit under the overhead stairs.  Is this a common problem and how is it handled?

Hi Laura
Check the stairs if the numbers are the same then yes you will have problems. When these homes were built they didn't have in mind the very large mattresses , box springs,  sofa's and hutches . The way to fix the problem, well first thing buy a smaller mattress and 2 twin box springs  . Or find a bigger place to live with very large hallways and no turns. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few