Moving Furniture/Sofa through door?

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to figure out if a sofa that is 89W x 38.5D x 35.5H (legs are 5 inches) would fit through a door that is
80H x 32W?  How wide would the hallway need to be to angle it through the door?  I'm on the top floor of a 4-storey walk-up.

Thanks very much,

Hi Sarah
When you say the legs are 5 inches does that mean the legs can be screwed off? Call the company and find out if the legs are removable. Then ask them for the height of the sofa wood to wood. If your looking  on the internet they give you the height to the top of the cushion with the legs on.
Sarah by the way, here in the states we charge extra for walkups. Should find that out to so your not hit with that upon delivery. If the legs come off your good to go. If the legs don't come off you'll need to have the arms lower than the height of the back and at least 45 inches on either side of entries for maneuvering o and some smart delivery people.
If the legs don't come off try to send pics of stairwell before and after entry. Good Luck Sarah Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few